Red Is My Song

NaPoWiMo - Day 18 - Today’s prompt is an incantatory color poem. Pick a color – something you like, something important to you. Red, yellow, whatever. Now, write a poem that uses the color in every or nearly every line: a hypnotic invocation of the color.

Red Is My Song

Red calls me into morning,
promises sunrise surprise.
Red rocks me into evening
sensual sunset sensations.
Red it the longest wavelength of light
discernible by the human eye.
Red is anger, blood, guilt,
pain, passion, sin.
Red colors my life
lifting upward the pleasure of red.
Red centers my wardrobe
winds me forward always.
Red breakfast and song.
Red movement, music and moments.
Amaranth, auburn,
cardinal, crimson, camelain,
fuchsia, lava,
magenta, maroon, persimmon,
raspberry rose, ruby,
sangria, scarlet,
vermillion and venetian.
Red is my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment