Ode To The Cell Phone

NaPoWiMo prompt - Day 15! - Do one of the following: write a poem in the form of a complaint about something that is good or you like, or in the form of a hymn to something that is bad or that you dislike. 


Ode To The Cell Phone

What a pleasure
at the grocery store,
the drive-through,
the bank, the waiting room,
dinner in a fine restaurant,
to know we’re all connected.
A loved one, a dear or casual
friend, the tangled relationship,
never more than a ring away,
Eavesdropping easier now,
a bonus for us writers or voyeurs,
to know the intimate details
of strangers are
dangled everywhere.
Oh, cell phone,
I myself must now
learn to carry you everywhere,
not to leave you
lonely in car,
not to use my voicemail anymore.
To flaunt my life for everyone.
I must learn you’re not a tool.
You now define me
and label me
more that I could ever imagine.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful take on the prompt.
    well done.


    amazing poetry,

    share 1 to 3 random poems with our poetry potluck today,

    Hope to see you in.

    ReplyDelete